Julie speaks for conferences, online retreats and podcasts on the subject of domestic abuse, human trafficking, writing and author marketing.
She is an abuse survivor, certified DV advocate & coach, recovery group leader, facilitator of a VOICES Survivor Committee for the Family Justice Center in WA County, OR and the author of a five-week faith-based advocate curriculum used to train leaders and others for ARMS/Abuse Recovery Ministry Services.
Julie’s award-winning fiction series, “Guardians of Grace” focuses on human trafficking in the United States. Download two free books here.
Her lifelong career has been in marketing/management and she has a wide range of experience in the profit and nonprofit sectors. She teaches on marketing techniques, websites, social media, platform building, public relations, public speaking and writing for excellence.
See topics and previous venues below.
- November, 2023- Taught “Emotional Abuse and Setting Healthy Boundaries” to Criminal Justice Majors Club at Pacific University.
- October, 2023- Taught “PR Punches to Sell Your Work” at Cascade Christian Writers Fall Conference.
- September, 2023– Guested on “Conversations with Pearl”. You can listen on Apple, Spotify or watch on YouTube.
- September, 2023– Taughr “PR Secrets That Sell Books” at the Southwest Washington Writers Conference.
- August, 2023- Spoke on Overcoming for Michelle Jewsbury’s Breaking the Silence Summit.
- July, 2023– An Ounce of Prevention with Women in Distress Podcast, A Survivor’s Journey in DV Advocacy in the Faith Community with Julie & Emily Janas.
- July, 2023- Met with the Coastal Pregnancy Center to provide a brief training on how to look for abuse in their clients and what to do about it.
- June, 2023– Taught “Magazine & Anthology Writing” at Oregon Christian Writers Summer Conference as well as an original devotional, prayers and announcements to over 150 people over a three day period.
- April 1, 2023- Taught “Healthy Relationships & Boundaries” at Coffee & Conversation at Sonrise Church in Hillsboro, OR to 70 ladies. Recorded version coming soon.
- March 2023-Guest on the “Narcissistic Apocalypse” podcast, a top domestic abuse podcast. We talk about the importance of setting boundaries for both you AND the other person, the most important thing they don’t tell you about boundaries and how to keep enforcing them.
- March 2023- Taught “Getting Your Book Into the Top 10 in Your Amazon Category” at the Oregon Christian Writer’s One Day Conference in Salem, OR.
- February 2023– Guest on Yvonne Sandomir’s Survivor Strong Podcast, one of the top podcasts in the abuse industry. Part 1 link coming soon. Part 2 available here.
- January 2023– Guest on the “Hopebound Podcast” (2 parts), a top podcast focused on domestic abuse and healing. “In this incredible interview with Julie, we hear her story of heartbreak, abuse and struggles that lead her to healing.”
- January 2023– Guest on Linda Goldfarb’s Podcast “Your Best Writing Life” Podcast. We talk about what PR is, the purpose of it, when to start it and some PR Secrets that every author needs to know. (
- December, 2022- Provided Abuse Training for Washington County Celebrate Recovery Leaders
- November, 2022- Guest on the “We Collide” Podcast with Willow Weston. “Moving from Abuse to Helping Others”. We chat about what affected my ability to make good decisions in relationships, creating a timeline for healing, the warning signs I experienced, other methods that helped me with healing, why human trafficking plays a role in my stories and more.
- November, 2022- Partner recap at A Safe Place, Oregon City, Oregon
- October 24, 2022-Guest on the Lori Morrison’s Podcast: “The Unlovely Podcast” (True Crime Meets Faith). “Domestic Violence – There is Help Available”. We chat about why domestic abuse continues to increase and take lives each day, the case involving Michelle Anne Monson Mosure who had been trying to escape DV, what is the relationship between substance abuse and domestic abuse, why Michelle took her statements back when talking to police, how the church should lead in helping survivors, the downside of the court process, needed court training, why we don’t recommend anger management and more.
- October 25, 2022– Spoke at Beaverton Resource Center Community Connection.
- October 9, 2022, Guest on the podcast “Ms. McBookworm” Podcast. Julie discusses a near-kidnapping attempt when she was a child, the importance of educating our children and abuse in leadership.
- October 6, 2022– Guest on the HOPE PXY Global Human Trafficking Experts Panel for upcoming 20202 conference.
- September 1, 2002– Staff training on abuse at CalMac in McMinnville, OR.
- September 10, 2022– Taught two classes, “Getting Your Books Into the Amazon Top Ten Within Your Category” and “Building Your Platform with Your Best Website” at the Southwest Washington Writer’s Conference.
- August, 2022– Guest on Author Amy Joob’s podcast, Support Someone Saturday. We talk about the importance of abuse training for leaders, some ARMS history, the Eight Types of Abuse, the importance of healing, how to get help, resources to guide people on their next steps, what is needed for complete healing, the local aspects of human trafficking and how God connects those who have been in abuse. Also, a free gift for listeners!
- July 20, 2022- Guest on the Ms Texas Podcast.
- June 11, 2022– Guest on Bringing Her Hope podcast.
- June 2, 2022– Guest on Women of the Northwest: Ordinary Women Leading Extraordinary Lives Podcast. Available at the link or on whatever podcast platform you use.
- May 31, 2022- Guest on The Collide Podcast.
- May 6, 2022, 5-8pm- Signed books at Chapters Bookstore in Newberg, OR as part of the Newberg Friday Art Walk. WHAT’S HAPPENING preview.
- May 12, 2022– Keynote Speaker for Calvary Mac StoryNight Live Event, MacMinnville, OR.
- April 24, 2022, 2-5pm at the Family Justice Center of Washington County, Beaverton. Survivor Art Show & Open House.
- April 3, 2022– Julie’s Podcast with Howard Lovy of ALLi. You can listen to all Howard’s Podasts here.
- March 24, 2022– Interview with Pamplin Media.
- March 23, 2022- Facilitate and Speak, Survivor VOICES Committee at the Family Justice Center of Washington County.
- March 18, 2022- Guest speaker on the Podcast, “Grief. God. Community.” Available at the link or on whatever podcast platform you use.
- March 16, 2022 -Guest Author Speaker at CalvaryMac Writer’s Group
- March 14, 2022- Guest Author on Win’s Book Blog
- February 2022– Facilitate and Speak, North Coast Christian Writers
- February 2022– Blog Interview with author Melanie Campbell
- February 2022- Interview with the Lombardian newspaper, Lombard, IL about Human Trafficking
- February 2022- Interview on the Lady Tracey Show about Human Trafficking and abuse
- January 2022- Interview on the StoryNight Podcast with Jessica Campbell about early benchmarks of potential domestic abuse. Listen here on the web. Listen here on Apple Podcasts
- December 1, 2021- Interview with ARMS/Abuse Recovery Ministry Services about Innocent Lives
- November 4, 2021- Interview for the Oregonian/OregonLive
- May 16, 2020 -Provided a Zoom online workshop “Using Your Website to Build Your Platform” for Oregon Christian Writers members. 101 registered and 90 attended.
- October 30, 2019– Filmed some of my story for a video for the Washington County Family Justice Center and spoke at the annual Denim & Diamonds banquet and auction.
- November 1, 2019- Interviewed with a news station about my story and the benefits of the Family Justice Center.
- November 12, 2019- Interviewed with KBOO radio for “Calculated Conversation” in Portland, OR.
- December 12, 2019- Teamed up with the Family Justice Center to do DV training at Community Action in Hillsboro, OR.
- Now Swim, Glen Ellyn Illinois, “Community & Non-Profit Marketing”
- Family Skillbuilders, Portland, OR, “Helping Your Clients Set Boundaries”
- Pacific University (Physician Assistant Program), “Recognizing Abuse & Providing Effective Care”
- Rotary Club of Lombard, IL, “Social Media 101”
- May 2019 ARMS Stomp Out Abuse, Portland OR.
- Well at Work, Lombard, IL, “Co-Marketing & Making the Most of Reviews”
Interested in Julie speaking at your event? Please email.
Human Trafficking – Impact within the USA, How to Recognize, How to Help Victims and What You Can Do To Help Combat Trafficking
–Thank you for teaching us that human trafficking is not just a third-world problem. I am alert now to the signs and hope to make a difference.
-Your book made a difference to me. I’m going to do something about this and help my community become more aware and respond to trafficking that I know now happens all around us.
Family Violence- Domestic Violence, Emotional Abuse, Setting Boundaries, The Church’s Response to Abuse, Personal Survival Story
-I was highly impacted by your story. You gave me strength. Thank you. F.M.
–You managed to teach me more about how to respond to domestic violence in my church in 30 minutes than I’ve ever learned before. Very helpful. Pastor in Houston, TX
–Thank you for sharing. I have been in abusive relationships for years. I now see a light and have great hope. K.B
Personal Abuse Survivor Story
–I cried tears of sadness and then at the end tears of joy.. Bravo . You were good. But with the beginning song and then your story, I am ready to rise up again. You inspire me. I will too finish my book. -Ann
–Your story deeply impacted me. And if you can heal from all of that and live abundantly, then I can too! I’m going to do it! -Taylor
Marketing & Writing–Building Platforms, Marketing 101+, Design, Social Media, PR, Writing
–This was excellent – best presentation on platform that I’ve seen. Thanks for doing this! Rachel Lulich
–You were an excellent teacher (as you are with me)…clear and concise and offering a lot of value for that 1 1/2 hours. I really did enjoy it and learned quite a bit…I’m inspired to get back to work on my blog and other social media! Lynn Shortman
–If you missed the online seminar yesterday, you missed a great opportunity. Julie did an outstanding job explaining how to build a platform using your website. Thanks to OCW for educating and encouraging members even while we stay at home. -Donna Hues
–Julie, so many great tips! Thank you! –Judy Gann
Women & Family- Women’s Issues, Teen Issues, Family Issues, Spiritual Growth
–I just love your devotionals. They are homespun, and always make me think. -Carol
Interested in Julie speaking at your event? Please email.