North Coast Christian Writers reopened in September of this year to great fanfare. We have ten members (3 could not make it to the photoshoot) and terrific things are already happening.
We are writers who are Believers, and write for both the Christian and secular markets. Several of us are also members of Oregon Christian Writers. Most all genres are represented.
In the past few meetings, we have accomplished much. These include:
- Critiquing of each other’s work.
- Read-aloud time of our latest projects.
- Prayer and encouragement.
- The sharing of writing resources.
- Making a list of the questions we have and what we want to learn.
- Discussion of proper manuscript formatting, passive voice, switching point of views and much more.
Several members have shared that they have received new energy from joining the group and are excited to write more. One member went home after the first meeting and not only got to chapter 20 on a book he hadn’t worked on in a long time, but started a nonfiction one, as well!
We have room for more! Want to join us? We meet at North Coast Family Fellowship (family room) in Seaside, OR from 12:30-2pm on the last Sunday of each month. You can email me if you would like more information.